Friday, September 2, 2016

Yoga Fit For Warriors

This coming weekend, I start the path to my second Yoga Teacher Cert. This one is through Warrior Fit. 

Copied from their site (full site link above):

What you will learn:
Polyvagal theory, the significance of the vagus nerve in trauma, and the role that yoga plays in its ability to function well  
The sympathetic nervous system’s role in understanding PTSD and trauma-­related stress response
Specific psoas release exercises, breathing techniques, slower movement, guided imagery, and meditation practices designed to release trauma stored in the body
How the language we use as teachers affects our students on a neurological and cellular level
How to use YogaFit’s transformational language specifically for this population to facilitate a deeper release of stress
The book we are going to use for class is: In an Unspoken Voice: How the Body Releases Trauma and Restores Goodness by Peter Levine
I have not yet read anything yet by him, but I have seen a few of his speeches on you-tube.

I can't wait for this class and will report back with a blog post about what I learn.



No comments:

Post a Comment