Friday, September 2, 2016

Yoga, Art, Books, Philosophy, Travel - Stop, drop, refocus

Trying to refocus myself on what I really want out of life. Working towards my 200 hour yoga teacher certification has been a lesson in discipline (one I sorely need). I have 2 weekend training sessions left and then I can register with Yoga Alliance in January 2017. I cannot tell you how excited I am that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Or is it really the beginning of the tunnel? Hmmm paradox. 


Random mid blog yoga picture from a month or so ago in Indialantic. Love that area SO MUCH. I have been trying to make it to the beach for sunrise more lately and I really love it. It is so restorative and peaceful.








I want to take the time now and really refine this focus. I have increased my reading palate to encompass more (much, much more on Eastern Philosophy). It is interesting to me the dynamics of Eastern vrs Western philosophy. So different and yet so alike. I have to say it has changed my life, down to the very core of my thinking. I have learned so much, yet know so very little. It is an exciting path to walk. In the Katha Upanishads, they speak of this path.


"Get up! Wake up! Seek the guidance of an
Illumined teacher and realize the Self.
Sharp like a razor's edge is the path,
The sages say, difficult to traverse." - Katha Upanishads


One of my teachers was speaking about this. That the more you learn, you must teach. Of course there is discernment there as well. Hence, the razor's edge.


I also will begin to work towards the Warrior Fit Certification. My first class is in the next few days. It is Yoga for the Warrior with a PTSD focus. I am so fascinated by how the body remembers trauma, even when the mind fails. It is one of the most fascinating things I have ever studied. I have taken Emerson's Yoga for Trauma course, read countless books ranging from neuroscience to psychology to anatomy to healing from trauma ...you name it. Our bodies and minds are amazing creations.

Also my focus is going to be more art focused. I need to find the discipline to work on technique even when the mood doesn't strike me.

Being consistent is so extremely difficult for me. Tapas....which I will talk more about later...


As far as travel goes, I have made a short bucket list of the things I really want to see. I am planning it and doing it, even if I go by myself. I think the first stop is going to be Iceland to see the Northern lights. You can travel very inexpensively to Iceland. I was there once for a long layover (didn't even leave the airport!) and I have always wanted to actually go back and actually see the country itself. The northern lights are a big bucket list item for me.

I also think I may go to Vancouver next year. When I see my friends pictures from there, it looks like some sort of heaven on earth. I also think I can do this fairly on the cheap.

I guess time will tell.

And of course...read read read. With my surger(ies) coming up in October, I should have a lot of time to dedicate to reading and art. Funny I am more worried about this surgery than I was about even my brain surgery. It is so weird! But at least a Robit (aka Robot) will be doing it. I just hope that the Robit doesn't achieve self awareness in the middle of my procedure. (note: the pronunciation of ROBOT to ROBIT was something I picked up while mainlining episodes of The Twilight Zone. Ever notice how they say ROBIT?)

I also intend to use this blog more and Facebook way less, as I mentioned before. At least for "meaningful content". Afterall, most people don't really care to talk about anything other than puppy pictures and politics. (not that there is anything wrong with puppy pictures).











No comments:

Post a Comment