Tuesday, January 1, 2019

New name, new purpose, new goals

 First of all Happy New Year!

I decided to resuscitate my old blog Isolated Muse. Here I am years later with a new purpose for this blog. But I couldn't resist bringing along all the years of angst and joy and the other myriad of feelings and perceptions that have brought me here to "Now".

I have decided this year to practice Bhakti Yoga. This is the yoga of unconditional love. I have studied Hatha and Raja and others, but I think too much, too often and honestly, it has brought me a lot of angst, but also a lot of perceptions and sometimes even a creative well to draw from.

This blogs new purpose is going to be tied to an art journal I am making for my daughter. I commissioned a truly beautiful journal from @stonegrainleather (you can find his work on Instagram). It is massive and full of Arches Cold Pressed watercolor paper. It has my award winning 'Galactopus" engraved on the cover.

This is my first way to consistent practice pf unconditional love. My daughter is truly an amazing creature. She is so magnetic and full of love and tentacles. The octopus has always been her spirit animal. You will see them all through my artwork because they remind me of her.

When Lexy was 3 she started a collection jar to save the Giant Octopuses. She set it out at a garage sale I was having and she was so passionate, even then, she managed to raise several dollars for her cause. Her love only grew and grew as she got older. She is literally surrounded by Octopods (notice I am using multiple tenses? That is on purpose) ;) She has a giant tattoo of an octopus on her arm. She says she wanted it to look like it was scavenging antique items from the sea floor.

I am not quite sure if I will make any more formal goals. I just want to try to set my thoughts and ego aside and focus on loving people. All too often, the ego becomes the ultimate barrier to love.

I have some thoughts.
  • I would like to also highlight other artists as a way to show love to one of my tribes. Maybe a monthly thing on Instagram @andreaharstonart
  • Volunteer more (probably something to do with bikes)
  • Continue my hatha practice but focus more on dedicating my intentions to others
  • Focus on other people more
  • Practice self care and self love daily
Happy New Year 2019!

Andee

No comments:

Post a Comment