Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Feeling better today! FINALLY!

It has been 15 years + and I can say I FINALLY feel better today. The brain stenting was successful. Of course, I have to wait several months to see if all my tests come back normal, but I can say that several of my symptoms are gone. I have no more tinnitus, no more IH headaches (I have another kind but it is minimal), my neck is not stiff and I am not in any pain, anywhere. I feel like the vice clamp rock helmet I have been wearing for so long has been removed. I am highly, HIGHLY optimistic.

I am having some blurry vision and fine motor skill issues, but I honestly think that might be from the medication they had me taking. I occasionally have a headache, but this headache is NOTHING like the IIH headaches...nothing at all. My stamina is poop after the surgery, but I guess that is par for the course.

If you have Psuedo Tumor Cerebri or Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, the information is here.

They are currently performing this procedure in England (London Specifically) if you meet the criteria. The only Dr in the US that is performing this procedure for IIH/PTC is Dr Patsalides in NYC. (again, you have to meet the criteria for the clinical trial. They are trying to determine long term effectivity of stenting for IIH/PTC). Note: there are many reasons that a person can have IIH. You must have had a MRI/MRV with contrast to determine if a stenosis exists.

I am going to write more about the actual surgery itself very soon, so check back for more information.
Andee

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete